Go 2 Safari Concierge is a concierge service for hunter’s travelling to Africa.
We offer a wide variety of travel related products and services to our Outfitters and their clients. Go 2 Safari Concierge is a South African based company but renders its services to hunters worldwide. Each member of the Go 2 team is trained, experienced specialists in their field of work.
We form part of a travel consortium named Go 2 Travel Alliance, an associated member of the XL Travel Group. As a group, we have a collective turnover of 4 billion rand per annum which gives us access to the best deals in the market pertaining to travel products such as airline tickets, car hire, accommodation and much more.
What truly sets us apart from our competitors is our national presence, our excellent customer service and our technology drive. We are the only company of its kind that offers a travel self-booking tool, itinerary management app and a platform where you can apply for your firearm permit online. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Therefore we would like to encourage you to make Go 2 Safari Concierge your preferred travel partner for the upcoming season.
1. Go 2 Safari Concierge can apply on your behalf, for your temporary importation permit or in-transit permit prior to your arrival.
2. A representative from Go 2 Safari Concierge will meet you in the SA Police office at OR Tambo (Johannesburg) Airport with your permit.
3. The representative will assist you with the clearance of your firearms.
BASIC REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS FOR THE ISSUING OF A TEMPORARY IMPORT PERMIT:
- Maximum of four (4) firearms or shotguns per applicant.
- Not more than one firearm of the same caliber or gauge, accept with special approval
- Only 200 rounds for each permitted firearm or shotgun will be allowed. In total 11 pounds of rounds per hunter.
- No ammunition for other firearms (not accompanying you) is permitted.
- Firearms must bear the manufacturer’s serial number or any other mark by which the firearm can be identified. The identification number must be stamped and the mark affixed in the prescribed manner on the barrel, the frame or the receiver of the firearm.
SPECIAL APPLICATIONS: (Subject to pre-approval only: documents must reach us at least 35 days prior to arrival)
Handguns are allowed into the country for hunting purposes only and therefore you need to submit the following additional documentation:
- Letter of invitation from the outfitter stating the handgun will be used for hunting purposes only;
- Motivational letter from you stating that you will be using the handgun for hunting purposes only and any other relevant motivation.
Semi-Automatic shotguns & more than one firearm/shotgun of the same caliber:
- Letter of motivation from you must be submitted, stating the reason/s for bringing it into the country.
- Any person under the age of 21 who wishes to apply for a temporary import permit has to include a motivational letter with the application proving that he/she is a capable hunter. Any additional motivational letters from third parties will help with the application.
* No handguns for self-defense may be imported!
* Ammunition is to be packed in a separate container which has to be locked and marked with details.
What to know
Proof of ownership:
Obtain a Customs Declaration Form 4457 from your nearest customs office. Always keep the original stamped copy in your passport and have photo copies of it handy.
*Please note that due to new regulations, 4457 documents have to be issued in the YEAR OF TRAVEL. If your document has an expiry date, please ensure that it does not expire before or during your hunting safari.
UK, etc: Copy of your firearm License or Certificate
Firearms Possession Licence (Waffenbesitzkarte)
European Firearms Pass (Europaeischer Feuerwaffenpass)
A letter from your local sheriff in the form of an affidavit confirming ownership or Invoice from a gun shop where you have purchased the firearm
Send the following documentation to your Go 2 Safari Concierge
- A COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT
- A COPY OF YOUR PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
- A COPY OF YOUR FLIGHT ITINERARY
Fill out your SAPS 520 form on our website - Click here -
Once you have completed your SAPS 520 form a copy will be sent to Go 2 Safari Concierge
Contact PHASA for assistance with your SAPS520 and firearm importation process.